Friday, December 28, 2007

The Antaryamins

As more and more people began experiencing the Awakening of the Antaryamin, not only could we see God in a form that we were relating to could see the form each other was relating to. And we could sometimes see these forms relating to each other. "Namaste", or the phrase often used in Reiki, "The Christ in me sees the Christ in you" became a reality not a concept.

For those that had experienced this awakening, it became very much like the ancient theme of "Cosmic reality is one-the Wise perceive it in many ways" as we shared experiences and insights. We talked about God as a proud parents would speak of their toddlers:

"He did this today!"

"Oh look what the Lord is doing now!"

"You will never guess what he said to me this morning."

There were no more battles about religion or belief. Only wonder.

Upon returning from my first trip to Satyaloka, I was invited to conduct my first yajna (retreat) in NYC in Nov. of 1998. Ananyaji, Uttama, and I traveled from Pittsburgh to NYC on the Greyhound Bus. There was a loud argument on the bus with some pushing, shoving, threats of murder and name calling. Ananyaji and I started to chant the Moola Mantra. By the time we hit Philadelphia the people were still arguing, except they were arguing about Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden rather than some money someone had lost in a game of 3 Card Monty on the bus. It was more like of a battle of "Amens."

I was very frightened to conduct the yajna. At Satyaloka, Acharya Ananda Giri had given us training and we had received diksha to channel Bhagavan's energy to large groups. We were taught a prayer to evoke Bhagavan, what to pray for the people and how to offer our positive karma for the enlightenment of man.

"But what if he does not come, Acharyaji?" we asked.

He thought for a moment, looked at the sky, drummed his fingers, looked at us. looked at the sky again, and looked back at us and said, "Then run!"

I was not comforted.

It was not so bad conducting the yajna. Bhagavan came after all, and I was barely conscious of what I was saying. I was able to sit cross legged on the floor for 10 hours something I would not normally do and I did not eat nor drink that I recall. I did notice that if I rested my hand on my leg it was very hot to the touch. Almost burning. I could not keep my hand again the body for very long as it burned.

I learned something amazing about the Awakening process while conducting that yajna. If there were 100 people in the room you could see a hundred aspects of the Divine coming from the Sri Murthi (Icon of Bhagavan) trying desperately to break through. They emerged from the picture in the form of Bhagavan, possibly as that is the form of my Antaryamin. They would shake the people, slap them lightly, embrace them. Anything to get their attention.

Some of the people-maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 would experience this Awakening.

When the experience was over, I could see the rest of the Bhagavans who did not break through run weeping back into the picture. It was absolutely heart wrenching to see this and then to see the people weeping, hurt and angry because they felt God did not come to them. It was not for lack of trying. In later yajnas some would blame the others who had experienced, saying, "God did not come to me because He was busy with you." One lady called another lady a "God Hog",

In the same way when a mirror breaks, each sliver reflects the entire whole, the Divine can relate to each being in the world it It's entirety simultaneously. A huge stumbling block is self-righteousness-thinking one is more deserving than another. Another factor has to do with the left cerebral cortex of the brain it is said. Not everyone is "wired" for mystical experience. If someone is blaming others that the Divine is not coming to them then there is not enough focus on his or her own suffering to be of much use in this process. Mostly though it is Grace.

From http://vedicshamanism.blogspot.com/search?q=Antaryamins

No comments: